The Invisible Bass Engine
Habitat1 takes bass to new levels by incorporating the room, your Habitat, into our design. It is common in design circles to speak of taking the room into account, but never has the complete system approach we employed been utilized so utterly to one singular purpose. Perfect, deep bass that emanates almost invisibly from somewhere hidden within the room.
The slimmest of subwoofers
Habitat1 is designed to blend with its environment, making the entire living space work on behalf of music. A slim envelope, just 4.5” (110mm) thick, houses two fast, pistonic 6.5” (170mm) drivers that keep crisp, tight attack thumping into the room; while a wall-facing invisible 10” passive couples almost directly with the wall to produce deep, enveloping low bass. The 8 coats of lacquer and carefully evolved design of the mounting rails serve to keep Habitat from exciting rattles and vibrations in the mounting wall.
Bass Beyond Scale
A New Level Of Sound Engineering
Starting with a blank sheet of paper, we designed custom forward facing, 6.5″steel chassis mini bass engines capable of produce truly awe inspiring bass from an ultra-thin envelope. To extend the power of Habitat1 beyond it’s thin, sleek design we use a 10″ pass driver that works in unison with the active drivers and the wall the unit is mounted to, dispersing bass throughout the room.
The Monoblock Amplifier
On first listen to Habitat1, you will be forgiven for looking around in amazement trying to locate the large conventional subwoofer. Doing its part in the nearly invisible symphony that is Habitat1 is a powerful 150w monoblock amplifier. Potent, rich and fast, this high current mini-beast delivers all the current and drive to keep Habitat1 grooving for many years to come. As always, we approach design holistically, resulting in long-lived reliability. Habitat1 includes a full REL connectivity suite, fast 8ms delay filter set and our famed High Level Input, as well as a .1/LFE input. LongBow zero compression wireless is included with every Habitat1 providing truly clean and seamless installation without the mess of cables.
- TYPE: Sealed, two-front-firing- active-woofers, one back-firing passive woofer
- ACTIVE DRIVER SIZE & MATERIAL: Two 6.5 in., 165 mm long-throw, steel chassis
- PASSIVE RADIATOR SIZE & MATERIAL: 10 in steele chassis
- INPUT CONNECTRORS: High-Level Neutrik Speakon, Low Level single phono, LFE single phono
- OUTPUT CONNECTORS: High Level, LFE, Low Level RCA
- POWER PUTPUT: 150 watts (RMS)
- AMPLIFIER TYPE: Class D
- WIRELESS CAPABILITY: 50ft (15.2 meters) with clear line of site 30 ft (9.1 meters) with single stup wall between transmitter and receiver
- FULLY ELECTRONIC SET SAFE: Yes
- D.C. FAULT: Yes
- OUPUT SHORT: Yes
- MAINS INPUT VOLTAGE: 100-240V operation
- FUSES: 1.6A for 230V operation, 3.16A doe 120V operation
- W x H x D: 25 x 16 x 4.5 in. (635 x 406 x 114 mm)
- NET WEIGHT: 50 lbs. (23 kg)
- FINISH: Piano Black Lacquer, Gloss White Lacquer, 8 coats
- MAINS LEAD: Yes
- NEUTRIK SPEAKON: Yes
- INTERCONNECT: Yes (2 meter cable intended for use with Lombow(TM) transmitter)
- USER MANUAL: Yes